Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Fairies Finally Have Their Garden

Yes, the Fairies have their garden, although they had to build it themselves, since Sophie and I kept making things for them, but never managed to put the Fairy Garden together (oh, the busy lives of almost four year olds and moms of two little kids). And lucky us, they built it just in time to enter the Magic Onion's Fairy Garden contest.
It was such a nice surprise.
We even found two little fairies sleeping under some leaves (and we discovered that they turn hard during the day, to be safe from peeping people or animals).

They made a garland out of a necklace that Sophie had made.
They built a clothes line and left a little note for Sophie and Oliver, and some little papers inside a tiny suitcase for the kids to make drawings and notes for them.
Sophie was very excited about this, since she likes to call herself an artist.
They have a little garden where they planted carrots and strawberries.
And they even set up an entertainment area, complete with a phonograph, that they decorated with our old Valentine Day's hearts.
The table was set with a very nutritious meal.
And it looks like they sailed their little boats in a Lilly pad dish pond.
Oliver was quite enthralled by all of these magical little things. And he was particularly interested in the sleeping fairy.
We are so glad the Fairies decided to take things in their own hands. I am sure we will all be enjoying this nice garden for a long, long time.
Cheers,

Gaby

P.S. Don't forget to enter your own Fairy Garden at The Magic Onions!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I loved seeing all the details!! And that little clothesline is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your garden!! We so enjoyed making ours last year and I'm so bummed that we didn't get to do it again this year! I'll be crossing my fingers for you this year! It is just adorable! :)

    www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I so understand you; we almost didn't make it, but I'm glad we did, although the price to pay for it was hours and hours of scratching last night, due to the million of mosquito/ chigger bites I got while "helping the fairies".

      Delete
  3. This is so much fun. I would have died of happiness if I had found this in the yard as a kid. Who am I kidding?? I would still be giddy to find something so adorable :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way; I wish I had all of these magical things around me when I was little. I think I get even more excited about this than Sophie, but my favorite thing of all is that she believes in Fairies so naturally :)

      Delete