Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Felt Mistletoe Look-alike

Did you see West Elm's felt mistletoe*? Did you fall in love with it, only to see it sold out when you were about to buy it? Well, me too! And since I had promised Aunt S that I was going to get one for her as well, I had no choice but to make them myself. But as I said in my last post, I can never find the time to do the hard work for felting; so instead, I bought some green fleece (I could not find any nice green felt at the store) and some white pompoms (medium size, very compact, not those fluffy ones) and went to town with the scissors.
I used E-6000 to glue the pompoms, just because I was in a hurry, but you can also sew them if you prefer.
Then just arrange as you like, add a bow and find someone to kiss!
I was actually so happy with the outcome, that I decided to trace it onto a piece of paper, so it would be even easier for you to make them. You can just drag it to your desktop, print it, and cut it to use as template (forgive the shaky lines, it was late and I am sleep deprived).
Please let me know how yours turn out.
Happy Kissing and Happy Holidays!
Cheers,

Gaby

* By the way, now they have it back, and it's on sale, but I quite like mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment