Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy and Thankful and Turkey Empanadas

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone! I sure am thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. We had a wonderful dinner with lots of family and some good friends, but there was still some leftover turkey. So what is an Argentinian to do with leftover Thanksgiving dinner, you may ask... well, TURKEY EMPANADAS, of course!

We just chopped up the turkey, some hardboiled eggs, chopped and sauteed some onion and sweet peppers and mixed it all in a bowl with the leftover gravy and a bit of salt and pepper. We bought the empanada pastry, but if you want a good recipe I have one (I can also tell you where to buy it if you live in the Research Triangle area). Then we shut them and made the "repulgue", and baked them in the oven on a greased cookie sheet at 450 F until golden brown.
You can leave a comment or email me if you want a detailed recipe (I have one for some good beef empanadas as well).
Cheers and bon apetit,

Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment