Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Surprise ordinance

A while ago I stumbled upon this sign from Just something I made and instantly thought of our friends Rose and Alison. How cool would it be to put this up next to their little pond as a welcoming surprise for when they came back from all their travels? After all, they do love them some skinny dipping :).
I wanted to go the easy print and paste route, but the hubs decided to go the hard way (no surprise there) and cut the outline on a piece of wood (left from the art studio that he decided to build for me and my boxes of stuff; post to come in the future).
And since we don't have a printer at home and I did not have freezer paper to do a stencil, I ended up just copying it freehand. It could have been better, but we were quite happy with the results.
Here it is in all its glory, waiting for the girls to come back home. We hope they'll have a laugh.
Cheers,

Gaby

PS. I think I will add the missing line later, so it reads better (although it is important to notice ladies on the beach!).

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! This is so darling. Your friends will be so tickled. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathe :). And thanks again for the sign!!

    ReplyDelete